how can we support the artists of our group multi culti world ?

• how can we support the artists of our group multi culti world ?

Here we can collect some ideas how to support the artist of our group
    a little bit.

First good idea is from VoiceMorph

i paste it here
    VoiceMorph ha scritto:
    11 ore fa

the idea with the tag radio is really great, i think it's quite expandable... for example you asked how you could help the 10+ musicians (me one of them) in this group... why not create tag radios for them? even if the fan-only members don't want to participate, the 10+ artists were enough to make things jump over the private/global tag threshold. or you create a separate group for this project, or make the artists join somewhere in the discussion section. the tags to use could all start with mcw, and then the actual description, for example mcw chillout, or mcw dreamy, or mcw dance, and so on. (all with the basic idea of being kind of eurocentricityless.) or there could be special tags for the new projects of our artists, like mcw1dance, mcw2dance, and so on (number updates every month maybe). or to make things simpler, mcw1, mcw2,... also there needs to be some list of which tags are working, so that people know about it. probably in the central lastfm forum or so...

• yes i think that's a good idea !
    so we can start with this..... we tag from every artist in the group the first 5 songs with

multicultiartist

ok i've done the first 5 songs of Corrientes right now....

but please look that the songs are streamable.......
    with love
    bernd

• [已删除用户] 说...
    • 用户
    • 2009年 3月 25日, 11:11
    it's not the fans who need to tag the artists, the artists can do this themselves...
    i mean if i'm as an artist am interested in this project it certainly shouldn't be too much work to click my songs, listen to each for 10 seconds, and put the according tags...

but what we need is the proper tags that will be used later, so the first thing should be to start a discussion about them...

ask the fans, ask the artists about their views, and invite them to do proposals and contribute ideas...

what i think, is that the tag system on lastfm is a wonderful idea, but the problem is there are some tags (like "world", "female vocalists") that have far too much different music in them, if you use them you get too many things you don't want...

so we need more specialized tags, but not too specialiced or they will be private and having not enough music in them...

what's really necessary would be a poll to find out what users really expect when they want to listen, and more concise labels, as "chillout" for example also often brings some "easy listening", which for my taste would be too shallow, so maybe branch things like "chillout space" and "chillout ethnic", and so...

probably start some discussion in the central forum, if you really want to work on that...

• probably start some discussion in the central forum, if you really want to work on that...

no, i like to do it only for the artists and the members of multi culti world....

their are other groups like "The Music Maker Society" , "Independent Artists" ,"Unsigned Artists" etc..... which can start a bigger project in this fields......

we can only built up a small tag station which maybe 10 or 20 artists, if we divite this tags in different styles we never can build up a global tag station..that will not help..

u r right maybe this different styles are difficult to listen.... but if we take only five songs of an artist then you get an idea of an artist... (and if you like an artist very much, you can put him in your libary, playlist.and listen much more..)
    of course we used the tags more specialized for our 4 tag stations of multi culti, but we their we have a much bigger database..

i think we can only offer a possibility like "oh this are the artists which are members of multi culti word, lets listen a little bit what they are doing...."

it's not the fans who need to tag the artists, the artists can do this themselves

yes of course they can do it....but please only 5 songs it makes no sense when an artist put 200 songs of him inside... and an other artist has only 3 .....it's not a question of "fan" it's a question of fairness....

and so it's good when you sign it here when u put your songs in, so nobody need to do it double...

after we can write short articles about the artist (maybe also same translations) and combinate this with this our small tag Radiostation.

with love
    bernd

• now i tagged Renato Ventura and Roberto Grilli

yup

• Facial Vision done

yup ......

• Zootsings also in ......

• Msk in

• Yogurinha Borova ok also 5 songs ....
    did i forget somebody ?

with love from procida....
    bernd