论坛 » Feedback and Ideas

December 1st site update

• acreature 说...
    • Alumni
    • 2011年 12月 1日, 16:58

December 1st site update

Hello!

We've just released the latest version of Last.fm to the world. Here's what's new:

Last.fm & Spotify: BFFs. Spotify announced their new app store yesterday. In effect, they're becoming a platform for music. Last.fm's one of the launch partners, with a full-featured app that lets you get your recommendations within Spotify, play your loved tracks, build playlists similar to tracks, and more. We've also added links to play artists and albums in Spotify on our artist and album pages. You can find out more about our app on our blog, or download Spotify's beta client to get access to the app store.

Buy music from Juno. Juno's the world's largest dance music store, and you can now get straight to their site from the buy buttons on artists, albums, and tracks. Here's an example.

A more effective ignore list. If your mum grew up in a web 2.0 world, she'd have said "If they haven't got anything nice to say, don't read them at all." We've had an ignore list feature for a while, but it only stopped messages left specifically for you. Well, not any more! If you've added someone to your ignore list, you won't see anything they've written anywhere on Last.fm. Your blood pressure will thank us.

Bugfixes. There's the usual blend of fine bugfixes in this release, including web service tweaks, group shoutboxes being hidden in private groups, more accurate sparklines on the listen page, and a whole bunch more.

Bonus blog posts: Find out how Last.fm and MusicBrainz are working together and what it's like to intern at Last.fm.

That's the lot this time around, but we'll be back soon with more!

— Team Last.fm

• snyde1 说...
    • 付费用户
    • 2011年 12月 1日, 18:33

Re: December 1st site update

acreature said:
    A more effective ignore list. If your mum grew up in a web 2.0 world, she'd have said "If they haven't got anything nice to say, don't read them at all." We've had an ignore list feature for a while, but it only stopped messages left specifically for you. Well, not any more! If you've added someone to your ignore list, you won't see anything they've written anywhere on Last.fm. Your blood pressure will thank us.
    Well, my b.p. is fine, but I thank you anyway. This works great!

Will emusic links be available for music purchase in the future?

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • rwitte 说...
    • 付费用户
    • 2011年 12月 1日, 20:15
    Thanks for the update :)

• Now's the time to differentiate between subscribers and non-subscribers, folks!

I appreciate the Spotify integration (not to mention the step forward with MBz). Thought y'all were dead there for a while... maybe you haven't kicked it just yet.

Here's the thing though... if you're going to do the Spotify App, then be damned serious about it and do it to the fullest. Don't get stuck on the notion of using the Spotify LFM App to drive traffic over to LFM. Think of it, instead, as a distinct, atomic product and build it so that it stands on it's own as an add-on and is worth the $3 a month pop.

You have the tech to do it. Put that RQL engine and the format algorithms you've developed to work. Let me build multi-tag playlists from within the Spotify App. Give me an interface that gives me granular control, and let me do whatever the hell I feel like doing with my lib... even if it's browsing/playing it from within the Spotify umbrella.

That is absolutely worth the $3 a month... even if I never step foot on LFM's site again (which, of course I would, given that it's the repository), it's still worth the $3. There's no other service that can compare with the combination of these two.

Only thing that can derail this is the Major's insistence on playing content bait 'n switch (which they seem pretty damned intent on doing w/ Spotify), and a shortsighted LFM approach that's focused on driving LFM traffic rather than building great software.

Would love to see an LFM group working solely on the Spotify App with complete autonomy and a clear mandate: build the best damned music tool you can dream up.

Good to see you folks are still alive!

• Re: December 1st site update

acreature said:
    If you've added someone to your ignore list, you won't see anything they've written anywhere on Last.fm. Your blood pressure will thank us.
    And the moderators, too...

• Alainn 说...
    • 用户
    • 2011年 12月 2日, 12:09
    I totally agree with JustSomeOldJoe: the Last.fm-app is really good (I like how it gives way more recommended tracks then TruShuffle does) but it really needs to tech it more by adding those tracks automatically to a shared playlist (or even better a shared playlist for a Last.fm group).

If the app ever gets the option to create Intelligent Playlists based on my Last.fm-profile I'd be happy to get a subscription since Spotify doesn't share revenue (yet) with the developers.

New: Obscure Music Blogs a collection of music blogs with rare/obscure music from all genres
    • akrde 说...
    • 用户
    • 2011年 12月 5日, 15:07

Re: December 1st site update

acreature said:
    Last.fm & Spotify: BFFs. Spotify announced their new app store yesterday. In effect, they're becoming a platform for music. Last.fm's one of the launch partners, with a full-featured app that lets you get your recommendations within Spotify, play your loved tracks, build playlists similar to tracks, and more. We've also added links to play artists and albums in Spotify on our artist and album pages. You can find out more about our app on our blog, or download Spotify's beta client to get access to the app store.

Interesting tweet by Richard Jones about the Spotify Last.fm app:

Spotify making same mistake songbird did - it's all inside out. Much better to support a playdar API and embrace the open web as a platform

(source: http://twitter.com/#!/metabrew/status/141938786954256384)

Do you agree?

• CGholy 说...
    • 用户
    • 2011年 12月 22日, 11:11
    I've been getting a few of these [deleted-user] wrote:
    29 Oct 2009, 16:25
    [This comment has been hidden because the user is on your ignore list.] but there's nobody on my ignore list.

Supporting the Sugababes: Past, Present and future.
  • CGholy said:
    I've been getting a few of these [deleted-user] wrote:
    29 Oct 2009, 16:25
    [This comment has been hidden because the user is on your ignore list.] but there's nobody on my ignore list.

Oh, you're right :) I'm going to look into this as soon as possible!

• CGholy 说...
    • 用户
    • 2011年 12月 22日, 21:42
    Thanks! ;D

Supporting the Sugababes: Past, Present and future.
    • [已删除用户] 说...
    • 用户
    • 2011年 12月 23日, 1:31
    Me and my blood pressure thank you :)

• Sinriel 说...
    • 用户
    • 2011年 12月 27日, 11:09

Improved ignore function?

Haha, forever alone. Epic.

Terminus Est.
  • I really hope you guys will add a "private shoutbox" feature. I have a stalker problem and I KNOW my shoutbox is being read by this person (who doesn't have an account, making the ignore feature useless in this case). I've even considered quitting last.fm because of this.

• DFA1979 说...
    • 付费用户
    • 2011年 12月 31日, 15:17
    Isn't a private shoutbox pretty much exactly the same as deactivating your shoutbox and having people send you PMs?

• Sinriel 说...
    • 用户
    • 2012年 1月 1日, 16:21

No?

Private shoutbox = available to friends only

Terminus Est.
  • Re: December 1st site update

acreature said:

Bonus blog posts: Find out how Last.fm and MusicBrainz are working together and what it's like to intern at Last.fm.

— Team Last.fm

Great blog post about data processing - it helps us users see the hurdles you all undertake. thanks for all the updates =)

• rwitte 说...
    • 付费用户
    • 2012年 3月 15日, 21:52

Re: Re: December 1st site update

hjbardenhagen said:
    acreature said:
    If you've added someone to your ignore list, you won't see anything they've written anywhere on Last.fm. Your blood pressure will thank us.
    And the moderators, too...

Surely moderators are now duty bound not to block anyone otherwise the blocked user could make offensive forum posts. (Although, maybe they just need to coordinate so that no one is blocked by all mods)

• acreature 说...
    • Alumni
    • 2012年 3月 15日, 23:41

Re: Re: Re: December 1st site update

rwitte said:
    Surely moderators are now duty bound not to block anyone otherwise the blocked user could make offensive forum posts. (Although, maybe they just need to coordinate so that no one is blocked by all mods)

Equally, our mods should not be expected to tolerate personal abuse. But what I believe hjbardenhagen meant was more along the lines of "If you can ignore the person winding you up, things will be far smoother for everyone." That is: it helps people resolve their disagreements without getting a moderator involved.

If you do feel that's not sufficient, or you'd like more advice/help, then any of the moderators will be glad to help you out.

• Re: Re: Re: Re: December 1st site update

acreature sagte:
    But what I believe hjbardenhagen meant was more along the lines of "If you can ignore the person winding you up, things will be far smoother for everyone." That is: it helps people resolve their disagreements without getting a moderator involved.
    This. The ability to block the shouts of any user on artist profiles or in forum postings now is reducing the daily work of moderators and staff, because less troll reports are sent. As far as I know, many Last.fm members are already using this new feature, see also the new blog of Lastfmsupport.

I also agree that it would be nice if you did not even see the user avatar and the blocked shout, but maybe the developers will find a solution for that remaining problem, too.

• Thank you for considering my ignore list suggestion and upgrading this feature. This shall not be forgotten.

As above, I also want avatars of few to be blocked as this would be a reason to block any user too. Some people like Muket for example, that don't violate the rules, but are irritating as hell.

匿名用户不能张贴消息。请登录创建账户后再到论坛发帖。